Academic Background and Work Experience
- 2003 Chung-Ang Univ, College of Medicine
- 2007 Chung-Ang Univ, College of Medicine, Master of NS
- 2009 Chung-Ang Univ, College of Medicine, Ph.D of NS
- 2012-2013 Complex Spinal Deformity Center, Barnes-Jewish Hospital/St. Louis Children's Hospital, Washington University in St. Louis (Training)
- 2011-2015 Associate Professor, Neurosurgery, SNUBH
Professor Hyun, an enthusiastic spine surgeon, is a representative spinal-deformity surgeon in South Korea. He majored as a fellow in spinal deformity at Washington University in St. Louis, MO, USA, and has conducted many researches about modern techniques for spinal deformity surgeries, genetic study for lumbar spinal stenosis, and robotic spinal surgery. His major clinical fields are spinal deformities (scoliosis and kyphosis, congenital deformity, postoperative/degenerative flatback deformity). He has treated both pediatric and adult spinal-deformity patients.