Academic Background and Work Experience
- 1990 Graduated from Seoul National University, College of Medicine
- 2000 Seoul National University, College of Medicine, Master of OG
- 2003 Seoul National University, College of Medicine, Ph.D. of OG
- 2003 Professor, Obstetric&Gynecology, SNUBH
- 2011-2018 Director, Department of obstetric&Gynecology, SNUBH
- 2019 Director of outpatient clinic, SNUBH
Prof. Kim, a director in the Division of Gynecologic Oncology, is an active clinician and surgeon in the management of gynecologic-cancer patients. He also actively performs minimally invasive surgeries, especially laparoscopic and robotic surgeries. Prof. Kim’s research group is currently working on programs for improving the treatment of gynecologic-cancer patients. He has two major research areas. The first is directed at clinical trials for the development of novel clinical strategies, in collaboration with KGOG and GOG. The second is focused on the study of translational research to identify the mechanism of platinum resistance, whose overall goal is to develop a pharmacologically driven agent for overcoming platinum resistance in ovarian-cancer patients.